Bug 16256 - GPG key addition request
Summary: GPG key addition request
Status: RESOLVED FIXED
Alias: None
Product: freedesktop.org
Classification: Unclassified
Component: Account Modification Requests (show other bugs)
Version: unspecified
Hardware: Other All
: medium normal
Assignee: fd.o Admin Massive
QA Contact:
URL:
Whiteboard:
Keywords:
Depends on:
Blocks:
 
Reported: 2008-06-06 06:30 UTC by Dan Williams
Modified: 2008-06-06 08:06 UTC (History)
0 users

See Also:
i915 platform:
i915 features:


Attachments
new ssh pubkey (748 bytes, application/octet-stream)
2008-06-06 06:32 UTC, Dan Williams
Details
my new gpg public key (2.32 KB, application/octet-stream)
2008-06-06 07:20 UTC, Dan Williams
Details

Description Dan Williams 2008-06-06 06:30:56 UTC
Since my DSA key is no longer accepted, here's a new RSA pubkey for my account.  Thanks.
Comment 1 Dan Williams 2008-06-06 06:32:05 UTC
Created attachment 16964 [details]
new ssh pubkey
Comment 2 Daniel Stone 2008-06-06 06:49:49 UTC
On Fri, Jun 06, 2008 at 06:30:57AM -0700, bugzilla-daemon@freedesktop.org wrote:
> Since my DSA key is no longer accepted, here's a new RSA pubkey for my account.

Please use GPG: http://www.freedesktop.org/wiki/AccountMaintenance
Comment 3 Dan Williams 2008-06-06 06:53:12 UTC
I never had a GPG key, and do not have a GPG key.  I didn't have a GPG key when I got the FDO account, and I'm not going to create one just to change my ssh key; that's just pointless.  It's not my fault the Debian OpenSSL bug happened and forced the questionable removal of my DSA key.
Comment 4 Carl Worth 2008-06-06 06:58:01 UTC
(In reply to comment #3)
> I never had a GPG key, and do not have a GPG key.  I didn't have a GPG key when
> I got the FDO account, and I'm not going to create one just to change my ssh
> key; that's just pointless.  It's not my fault the Debian OpenSSL bug happened
> and forced the questionable removal of my DSA key.

Translates to "I'm going to ask others to do more work so that I don't have to".

The gpg-based system was implemented so that users can make ssh-key changes
whenever they'd like with no admin involvement.

Yes, it's not your fault that the Debian OpenSSL bug happened. But our unpaid,
volunteer, freedesktop.org admins are overworked as it is. Please understand
that requests that ignore existing efforts to lighten their load will not be
considered.

-Carl
Comment 5 Daniel Stone 2008-06-06 07:00:59 UTC
On Fri, Jun 06, 2008 at 06:53:12AM -0700, bugzilla-daemon@freedesktop.org wrote:
> I never had a GPG key, and do not have a GPG key.  I didn't have a GPG key when
> I got the FDO account, and I'm not going to create one just to change my ssh
> key; that's just pointless.  It's not my fault the Debian OpenSSL bug happened
> and forced the questionable removal of my DSA key.

I'm not wildly enthusiastic about the Debian OpenSSL bug either, and I'm
equally unenthusiastic about changing SSH keys by hand every time one of
590 users adds a new keypair, loses their existing one, or whatever.
(From experience when we used to do this with under half the users, I
can tell you that this happens _all the time_.)

The procedure is documented on the site: if you want to add an SSH key,
you can follow the procedure.  If you don't want to add an SSH key, feel
free to continue ignoring the procedure.  Either way, I'm quite certain
it's not my problem.  Enjoy your weekend.
Comment 6 Dan Williams 2008-06-06 07:20:12 UTC
Well, it's _somebody's_ problem and _somebody_ gets to do manual intervention because somebody has to add the GPG key to my account anyway, during which time they could have just added my SSH key anyway.

http://www.freedesktop.org/wiki/AccountRequests says:
"If you want to add a GPG key to your account or get added to another project, this requires manual intervention. Go to Bugzilla and file a new bug."

I'm happy to personally handle any further manual SSH key change requests, but that sort of permission is unlikely to be granted to me.
Comment 7 Dan Williams 2008-06-06 07:20:47 UTC
Created attachment 16965 [details]
my new gpg public key

I'ts been sent to subkeys too
Comment 8 Dan Williams 2008-06-06 07:59:04 UTC
change summary to more accurately reflect bugs current state
Comment 9 Daniel Stone 2008-06-06 08:05:10 UTC
On Fri, Jun 06, 2008 at 07:20:13AM -0700, bugzilla-daemon@freedesktop.org wrote:
> Well, it's _somebody's_ problem and _somebody_ gets to do manual intervention
> because somebody has to add the GPG key to my account anyway, during which time
> they could have just added my SSH key anyway.

Given the choice between a one-off change and the first of potentially
many, I'll stick with the former, oddly enough.

> http://www.freedesktop.org/wiki/AccountRequests says:
> "If you want to add a GPG key to your account or get added to another project,
> this requires manual intervention. Go to Bugzilla and file a new bug."
> 
> I'm happy to personally handle any further manual SSH key change requests, but
> that sort of permission is unlikely to be granted to me.

Indeed.

GPG key added.
Comment 10 Dan Williams 2008-06-06 08:06:49 UTC
sorry, just cranky this morning I guess, but that's not your problem.  thanks.


Use of freedesktop.org services, including Bugzilla, is subject to our Code of Conduct. How we collect and use information is described in our Privacy Policy.