The radeon driver (installed as the package xorg-x11-drv-ati-6.10.0-1.fc10.x86_64 from fedora-updates-testing on 2009-02-03) causes the Xorg server to crash on exit when used in a dual-card configuration with R710 cards.
- two Asus EAH 4550 cards (R710) - PCI-Ex16 in x16 slots
- system board: Asus P5E3 Premium, 8G DDR3, Intel Core2 Quad Q6600
Steps to recreate:
1. Base system is Fedora 10 with current updates. Xorg server is 1.5.3, radeon driver is the package xorg-x11-drv-ati-6.10.0-1.fc10.x86_64 from fedora-updates-testing
2. Create default X.org file: X -configure # Note: /root/xorg.conf.new is written, but X does not exit -- must be killed with KILL signal (TERM does not work).
3. Run: X -config /root/xorg.conf.new # Both screens start up OK
4. Terminate X server by zapping or sending TERM or KILL signal.
5. Result: System lockup (video, keyboard, network interfaces).
Expected: X server terminates, returns to text console.
Notes: Native LCD resolution is 1680x1050, correctly probed from monitor. Two evdev keyboards and mice present.
- Confirmed lockup when one X server accesses one card (with BusID option to select the card) but two cards are present.
- Confirmed normal operation when 2nd video card is physically removed.
Mass closure: This bug has been untouched for more than six years, and is not
obviously still valid. Please reopen this bug or file a new report if you continue to experience issues with current releases.