I've got a bustle-dbus-monitor output file of 50000 lines, when rendering this in bustle it takes a while and ends up with a bustle using 850MB of RES memory..
a silly calculation show that means it's using at least 18 kilobyte per line.. (Assuming it's O(N) memory usage for N lines ofcourse). This seems a tad much :)
Yeah, you're not wrong. It's pretty ridiculous.
The switch to reading pcap files has improved matters substantially. Following on from that, I've been moving to using packed arrays of bytes rather than lists of characters (grr) which has shaved a bit more off. And I got a surprisingly big improvement by representing the per-application vertical lines less stupidly.
Still at an astonishing 5 kilobytes per line on my current sample log, though.
-- GitLab Migration Automatic Message --
This bug has been migrated to freedesktop.org's GitLab instance and has been closed from further activity.
You can subscribe and participate further through the new bug through this link to our GitLab instance: https://gitlab.freedesktop.org/bustle/bustle/issues/11.