Kernel: (drm-intel-nightly) 18986b8d32b30a9c986c042280aa9127b0f809e9
Bug detailed description:
unigine-sanctruary has 98% regression caused by Mesa.
I have bisected it and found the following mesa commit is first bad commit:
Author: Eric Anholt <email@example.com>
Date: Wed Aug 8 09:03:26 2012 -0700
i965: Fix rendering to small mipmaps of depth/stencil buffers using a temp mt.
Fixes 51 piglit tests (fbo-clear-formats, and most of the remaining failures
the performacne results of Nexuiz tested on SNB with
(master)53e36d333 is 0.156 fps
with (master)4004620d is 8.69 fps.
3.vblank_mode=0 ./bin/Sanctuary -video_app opengl -data_path ../ -sound_app null -system_script sanctuary/unigine.cpp -engine_config ../data/unigine.cfg -video_mode -1 -video_fullscreen 1 -extern_define PHORONIX -video_width 1600 -video_height 900
This bug also caused unigine-tropic reduce by 15%, which fps value changed from 8.51 to 7.17.
*** Bug 57047 has been marked as a duplicate of this bug. ***
The issue also exists on IronLake.
I was never able to reproduce the original quoted 98% reduction in sanctuary performance, probably because of some configuration option that differs. Please retest with master after the last round of validation fixes.
The issue still exists on my side both on SNB and ILK with latest Mesa code.
(In reply to comment #4)
> I was never able to reproduce the original quoted 98% reduction in sanctuary
> performance, probably because of some configuration option that differs.
> Please retest with master after the last round of validation fixes.
Reproduced it now -- the snb array miptrees are aligned to 11*j instead of 12*j like on ivb, so they consistently end up mis-aligned, and we get expensive workaround blits.
However, given that we're hitting this workaround, I suspect that you were seeing incorrect rendering in the before case. I didn't quite get a test done for that, so can you confirm that you have watched the test and verified that it was rendering correctly before submitting this bug?
Bo, please confirm if the previous commit (with good performance) works without rendering issue.
I tested it again and I can confirm that it's rendering correctly with both previous commit which perform well and the bad commit(53e36...) I mentioned in the report.
On my side, "incorrect rendering" can only be reproduced when we do not copy "unigine_drirc" into /root/.drirc before run unigine-sanctruary.
(In reply to comment #6)
Created attachment 76300 [details]
It's drirc for unigine game
For the record, you shouldn't be installing a static drirc into your homedir. The drirc installed by Mesa (which doesn't match the one you posted) should be installed to /etc/ by your builds.
"incorrect rendering" still can't be reproduced with drirc that matches mesa.
can you reproduce this bug?
(In reply to comment #6)
> Reproduced it now -- the snb array miptrees are aligned to 11*j instead of
> 12*j like on ivb, so they consistently end up mis-aligned, and we get
> expensive workaround blits.
Eric, do you have plan to fix this?
We're hoping that Jordan's layered rendering work will end up fixing this.
Meng is on Holidays due to 2013/9/22, please expect slow response.
The problem is still exist on SNB.
good commit master branch : 5c8dd6cf7995 15.58 fps
bad commit 9.2 branch : 46273ba2564 2.98 fps
Jordan, any plan?
The issue still exists on Mesa master branch.
I posted an RFC patch series that seems to resolve this bug
"Gen6 render surface state changes"
(In reply to comment #20)
> I posted an RFC patch series that seems to resolve this bug
> "Gen6 render surface state changes"
Hi, is there a plan when putting the patch series into master?
The issue also exists on 2014Q2.
(In reply to comment #21)
> (In reply to comment #20)
> > I posted an RFC patch series that seems to resolve this bug
> > "Gen6 render surface state changes"
> Hi, is there a plan when putting the patch series into master?
I am working on an updated version of the patch series. I'll
try to post it this week to mesa-dev.
By the way, this patch series will not help ILK.
This issue still exists on upstream.
Actually,i want say this issue also still exists on mesa-10.2.2.
For SNB, this should be resolved in master
(In reply to comment #26)
> For SNB, this should be resolved in master
The issue is fixed on SNB, so change the title.
-- GitLab Migration Automatic Message --
This bug has been migrated to freedesktop.org's GitLab instance and has been closed from further activity.
You can subscribe and participate further through the new bug through this link to our GitLab instance: https://gitlab.freedesktop.org/mesa/mesa/issues/1390.