KHR_gl_texture_2D_image is broken on at least SNB for mipmap levels that fall outside of a tile boundary since the following commit:
Author: Eric Anholt <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Date: Wed Aug 28 12:06:31 2013 -0700
i965/gen7: Use the base_level field of the sampler to handle GL's BASE_LEVEL.
It seems that after this commit, the tile offsets set in intel_set_texture_image_region() are ignored.
Fix coming up. I've added some additional changes to completely remove x/y tiling offsets dependency and solely rely on level/layer fields in surface_state instead.
patch sent in mailing list for review.
What's the status of this bug? I see that the patches were sent in December and Jordan had a comment that needed addressing... and then nothing?
(In reply to comment #3)
> What's the status of this bug? I see that the patches were sent in December
> and Jordan had a comment that needed addressing... and then nothing?
The concerns that Jordan raised were from the complete removal of the tiled offsets. I didn't proceed with that direction because there were already some piglit failures on my implementation of the blorp fixes, as it only supported single-sampled layered rendering. I think Topi took over the removal of the tiling offsets tasks as it involved much more than my initial approach.
Patches 1-3 in the series, however, in itself fixed the KHR_gl_texture_2D_image bug mentioned in this report. Nobody commented on those specific patches.
On the other hand, I think Ander would like to remove the KHR_gl_texture_2D_image feature if I remember the discussion with him correctly? He might want to comment here what is the status of that decision.
(In reply to comment #4)
> On the other hand, I think Ander would like to remove the
> KHR_gl_texture_2D_image feature if I remember the discussion with him
> correctly? He might want to comment here what is the status of that decision.
I don't think that was ever my intention, but I couldn't find any real world users of the extension. I was doing some refactoring of the DRI image extension implementation in i965, and wanted to make sure it wouldn't break anything. There were some problems with that approach though, so I pursued a different one to achieve what I needed. As things stands now, I'm not blocked by this bug.
-- GitLab Migration Automatic Message --
This bug has been migrated to freedesktop.org's GitLab instance and has been closed from further activity.
You can subscribe and participate further through the new bug through this link to our GitLab instance: https://gitlab.freedesktop.org/mesa/mesa/issues/1401.