Created attachment 92523 [details]
Everything else is still working, I can type. But there is no backlight. This is without X running at all, kernel 3.13.
I can suspend and resume without modesetting, when I use --quirk-s3-mode and --quirk-s3-bios *together*. I can't properly resume any other way so far (except with fglrx).
Any hints would be very appreciated.
echo 1 > /sys/class/backlight/radeon_bl0/bl_power
echo 1 > /sys/class/backlight/acpi_video0/bl_power
echo 30 > /sys/class/backlight/acpi_video0/brightness
echo 30 > /sys/class/backlight/radeon_bl0/brightness
vbetool dpms off
vbetool dpms on
to no avail.
Hibernation works, though, by the way. I'll attach a dmesg and an xorg.log.
Created attachment 92525 [details]
dmesg-3.13 after hibernation
Created attachment 92526 [details]
xorg.log after hibernation
Oh, and hibernate only works manually via echo disk > /sys/power/state.
It doesn't work via pm-hibernate - the system doesn't even suspend, but just hangs.
Taking back the last comment, works also with hibernation via pm-hibernate (Ubuntu 12.04).
- Even hibernation only resumes with an active display when booting with kernel parameters nomodeset vga=0. Then I load radeon with modeset=1. (e.g. via modprobe.d)
- freeze > /sys/power/state also does not work.
- radeontool (git) finds some registers are different after resume: (after on top, before in second line)
RADEON_CRTC_H_TOTAL_DISP 0001f478 |
RADEON_CRTC_H_SYNC_STRT_WID 060f0001 |
RADEON_CRTC2_H_TOTAL_DISP 0000000f |
RADEON_CRTC2_H_SYNC_STRT_WID 00003f3f |
RADEON_CRTC2_V_TOTAL_DISP 00000000 |
- radeontool light on/off never has any effect on my system.
- avivotool finds that D1CRTC is Disabled after resume.
- There is a warning in dmesg regarding brightness query:
ACPI: No _BQC method, cannot determine initial brightness
- The display is always turned off already during suspend, and simply never returns from there. Hibernation only works, because the BIOS turns the display back on. Without the radeon driver and kms active, as stated above, the quirks help the display of wake up again.
Take a look at these bug reports: https://bugs.freedesktop.org/show_bug.cgi?id=43829#c49 and https://bugs.freedesktop.org/show_bug.cgi?id=42960 .
*** This bug has been marked as a duplicate of bug 42960 ***