Bug 81847 - packagekitd[15099]: segfault at 8 ip 00007feac1a31c3e sp 00007fffb31e32d0 error 4 in libhif.so.1.0.2[7feac1a22000+1d000]
Summary: packagekitd[15099]: segfault at 8 ip 00007feac1a31c3e sp 00007fffb31e32d0 err...
Status: RESOLVED NOTABUG
Alias: None
Product: PackageKit
Classification: Unclassified
Component: core (show other bugs)
Version: unspecified
Hardware: x86-64 (AMD64) Linux (All)
: medium normal
Assignee: Richard Hughes
QA Contact:
URL:
Whiteboard:
Keywords:
Depends on:
Blocks:
 
Reported: 2014-07-28 19:12 UTC by Ed Adasiewicz
Modified: 2018-08-21 15:52 UTC (History)
0 users

See Also:
i915 platform:
i915 features:


Attachments
gdb output from packagekit (8.90 KB, text/plain)
2014-07-28 19:12 UTC, Ed Adasiewicz
Details

Note You need to log in before you can comment on or make changes to this bug.
Description Ed Adasiewicz 2014-07-28 19:12:29 UTC
Created attachment 103609 [details]
gdb output from packagekit

Attached is the gdb session.  I am running PackageKit-0.9.4-1.fc20.x86_64 on Fedora 20.  Note that once I ejected the dvd in /run/media/ed/2014.07.26.Backup I did not get a segfault but the gui client did not respond and "Checking for updates..." keeps displaying along with the busy icon.
Comment 1 Ed Adasiewicz 2014-08-04 13:28:48 UTC
I've been playing around a bit and was able to get around the segfault.  I ejected the dvd and closed the drawer and then started the service with systemctl.  I was able to successfully access menu / system tools / software.  I then reloaded the dvd and everything still worked ok??  Maybe this has something to do with the dvd being loaded during boot?
Comment 2 Ed Adasiewicz 2014-08-04 18:42:06 UTC
I spoke too soon.  packagekit.service failed again under systemctl.
Comment 3 g21k5 2014-09-08 05:35:54 UTC
I think I ran into the same bug on my system (Fedora 20)

dmesg says:

packagekitd[31802]: segfault at 8 ip 00007fe52b9dfc3e sp 00007fff292a4d30 error 4 in libhif.so.1.0.2[7fe52b9d0000+1d000]

updates via the command line seem to work fine (sudo yum update), but the software utility always shows that there are new updates available but fails while loading them.
Comment 4 Richard Hughes 2018-08-21 15:52:47 UTC
We moved the upstream bugtracker to GitHub a long time ago. If this issue still affects you please re-create the issue here: https://github.com/hughsie/PackageKit/issues
 
Sorry for the impersonal message, and fingers crossed your issue no longer happens. Thanks.


Use of freedesktop.org services, including Bugzilla, is subject to our Code of Conduct. How we collect and use information is described in our Privacy Policy.