Bug 83078 - PackageKit: hif_sack_add_sources(): packagekitd killed by SIGSEGV
Summary: PackageKit: hif_sack_add_sources(): packagekitd killed by SIGSEGV
Status: RESOLVED INVALID
Alias: None
Product: PackageKit
Classification: Unclassified
Component: General (show other bugs)
Version: unspecified
Hardware: x86-64 (AMD64) Linux (All)
: medium major
Assignee: Richard Hughes
QA Contact:
URL:
Whiteboard:
Keywords:
Depends on:
Blocks:
 
Reported: 2014-08-26 03:18 UTC by Ankur Sinha (FranciscoD)
Modified: 2014-08-27 09:30 UTC (History)
0 users

See Also:
i915 platform:
i915 features:


Attachments

Note You need to log in before you can comment on or make changes to this bug.
Description Ankur Sinha (FranciscoD) 2014-08-26 03:18:22 UTC
From downstream bug: https://bugzilla.redhat.com/show_bug.cgi?id=1129798

Truncated backtrace:
Thread no. 1 (6 frames)
 #0 hif_sack_add_sources at hif-sack.c:140
 #1 hif_context_setup_sack at hif-context.c:803
 #2 hif_context_setup at hif-context.c:912
 #3 pk_backend_initialize at pk-backend-hif.c:203
 #4 pk_backend_load at pk-backend.c:588
 #5 pk_engine_load_backend at pk-engine.c:1059

According to abrt, I've had it 38 times already :(

More information collected by abrt is available at the downstream bug. 

Thanks,
Warm regards,
Ankur
Comment 1 Ankur Sinha (FranciscoD) 2014-08-26 03:18:49 UTC
[asinha@localhost  ~]$ rpm -qa \*PackageKit\*
PackageKit-command-not-found-0.9.4-4.fc21.x86_64
PackageKit-gstreamer-plugin-0.9.4-4.fc21.x86_64
PackageKit-0.9.4-4.fc21.x86_64
PackageKit-glib-0.9.4-4.fc21.x86_64
PackageKit-gtk3-module-0.9.4-4.fc21.x86_64
[asinha@localhost  ~]$
Comment 2 Richard Hughes 2014-08-27 08:35:19 UTC
Thanks for reporting this: I've added a missing error path in libhif, but the root issue must be something to do with something in /etc/yum.repos.d/ -- can you install/rebuild the libhif package here http://people.freedesktop.org/~hughsient/fedora/20/ please, install it then report the error back to this bz please?

A simple "pkcon search name power" should trigger the error. It'll probably involve something like a "corrupt"/invalid .repo file, and if so, can you attach that file also to this bz please so I can add it to the self tests. Cheers.
Comment 3 Ankur Sinha (FranciscoD) 2014-08-27 09:29:32 UTC
Hi Richard,

Thanks for looking into this so quickly. You were right, I had a stray line in one of the repo files due to a copy paste error. The file looked like this:

----------------------
[dnf-nightlies]
name=DNF nightlies for $releasever - $basearch
baseurl=http://jenkins.cloud.fedoraproject.org/job/DNF/lastSuccessfulBuild/artifact/fedora-$releasever-$basearch-build/
cost=3000
enabled=1
skip_if_unavailable=True
gpgcheck=0

It gives me:
----------------------

The last line being the stray one. I guess I didn't catch it because yum/dnf continued to ignore it and work properly. My mistake. Sorry :(

Warm regards,
Ankur
Comment 4 Ankur Sinha (FranciscoD) 2014-08-27 09:30:46 UTC
Closing as invalid.


Use of freedesktop.org services, including Bugzilla, is subject to our Code of Conduct. How we collect and use information is described in our Privacy Policy.