Bug 89988 - --help is showing the translation file header
Summary: --help is showing the translation file header
Status: RESOLVED MOVED
Alias: None
Product: accountsservice
Classification: Unclassified
Component: general (show other bugs)
Version: unspecified
Hardware: Other All
: medium normal
Assignee: Matthias Clasen
QA Contact:
URL:
Whiteboard:
Keywords:
Depends on:
Blocks:
 
Reported: 2015-04-11 23:23 UTC by Robert Antoni Buj i Gelonch
Modified: 2018-08-07 09:31 UTC (History)
4 users (show)

See Also:
i915 platform:
i915 features:


Attachments

Description Robert Antoni Buj i Gelonch 2015-04-11 23:23:37 UTC
LANG=ca_ES.UTF-8 /usr/libexec/accounts-daemon --help
Forma d'ús:
  accounts-daemon [OPCIÓ...] Project-Id-Version: accounts service
Report-Msgid-Bugs-To: http://bugs.freedesktop.org/
POT-Creation-Date: 2011-03-17 14:45-0400
PO-Revision-Date: 2012-02-14 08:39+0000
Last-Translator: Gil Forcada <gforcada@gnome.org>
Language-Team: Catalan (http://www.transifex.com/projects/p/freedesktop/language/ca/)
MIME-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=UTF-8
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 8bit
Language: ca
Plural-Forms: nplurals=2; plural=(n != 1);


Ofereix interfícies de D-Bus per realitzar consultes i manipular
la informació del compte de l'usuari.

Opcions d'ajuda:
  -h, --help       Mostra les opcions d'ajuda

Opcions de l'aplicació:
  --version        Output version information and exit
  --replace        Replace existing instance
  --debug          Enable debugging code
Comment 1 Robert Antoni Buj i Gelonch 2015-04-11 23:31:43 UTC
I saw the same behaviour in the Spanish translation.

LANG=es_ES.UTF-8 /usr/libexec/accounts-daemon --help

I tested in Fedora 21/22.
Comment 2 Robert Ancell 2017-12-19 20:42:02 UTC
Is this still a problem?
Comment 3 Piotr Drąg 2017-12-19 20:50:26 UTC
Yep:

$ LANG=pl_PL.UTF.8
$ /usr/libexec/accounts-daemon --help
Użycie:
  accounts-daemon [OPCJA…] Project-Id-Version: accounts service
Report-Msgid-Bugs-To: http://bugs.freedesktop.org/
POT-Creation-Date: 2011-03-17 14:45-0400
PO-Revision-Date: 2012-07-22 23:36+0000
Last-Translator: Piotr Drąg <...>
Language-Team: Polish (http://www.transifex.com/projects/p/freedesktop/language/pl/)
MIME-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=UTF-8
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 8bit
Language: pl
Plural-Forms: nplurals=3; plural=(n==1 ? 0 : n%10>=2 && n%10<=4 && (n%100<10 || n%100>=20) ? 1 : 2);


Dostarcza interfejsy D-Bus do odpytywania i manipulowania
informacjami o kontach użytkowników.

Opcje pomocy:
  -h, --help       Wyświetla opcje pomocy

Opcje programu:
  --version        Output version information and exit
  --replace        Replace existing instance
  --debug          Enable debugging code


It’s accountsservice-0.6.42-4.fc27.x86_64. Note that not only is the PO file header spilling, half the strings are also not translated. Things like that are usually caused by marking an empty string for translation.
Comment 4 GitLab Migration User 2018-08-07 09:31:16 UTC
-- GitLab Migration Automatic Message --

This bug has been migrated to freedesktop.org's GitLab instance and has been closed from further activity.

You can subscribe and participate further through the new bug through this link to our GitLab instance: https://gitlab.freedesktop.org/accountsservice/accountsservice/issues/20.


Use of freedesktop.org services, including Bugzilla, is subject to our Code of Conduct. How we collect and use information is described in our Privacy Policy.