Bug 9468 - mesa compiles different versions of libGL.so in different modes
Summary: mesa compiles different versions of libGL.so in different modes
Status: RESOLVED NOTABUG
Alias: None
Product: Mesa
Classification: Unclassified
Component: Drivers/DRI/R100 (show other bugs)
Version: 6.5
Hardware: x86 (IA32) Linux (All)
: high major
Assignee: Default DRI bug account
QA Contact:
URL:
Whiteboard:
Keywords:
Depends on:
Blocks:
 
Reported: 2006-12-28 10:42 UTC by astral89
Modified: 2009-09-15 15:24 UTC (History)
0 users

See Also:
i915 platform:
i915 features:


Attachments

Note You need to log in before you can comment on or make changes to this bug.
Description astral89 2006-12-28 10:42:28 UTC
Hi, I have some strange trouble with Mesa-6.5.2. When I compile a 'linux-x86'
version, I get a 'libGL.so.1.5.060502' library, and it works fine with all demos
and xdemos examples, but it does not support direct rendering.

In other hand, when I compile mesa in 'linux-dri' or 'linux-dri-x86' mode, I get
a 'libGL.so.1.2' library that works like real OpenGL 1.2 with DRI support (as
glxinfo says). But it hasn't some OpenGL 1.5 extensions. Following demos aren't
working with this version:

arbfslight ("Sorry, this demo requires GL_ARB_fragment_shader")
arbocclude ("Sorry, this demo requires the GL_ARB_occlusion_query extension")
fplight ("Sorry, this demo requires GL_NV_fragment_program")
fslight ("Warning: this program expects OpenGL 2.0" and many messages like that:
"Mesa 6.5.2 implementation error: User called no-op dispatch function (an
unsupported extension function?)")
glslnoise ("Sorry, this demo requires GL_ARB_fragment_shade")
paltex ("Sorry, GL_EXT_paletted_texture not supported")
pointblast ("Sorry, GL_ARB_point_parameters is not supported.")
shadowtex ("Sorry, this demo requires the GL_ARB_depth_texture and GL_ARB_shadow
extensions")
spriteblast ("Sorry, this demo requires GL_ARB_point_sprite.")
stex3d ("Segmentation fault" after "finished setting up 3d texture image.")
vao_demo (""GL_VERSION = 1.3 Mesa 6.5.2" and Sorry, this program requires
GL_APPLE_vertex_array_object"")

I downloaded Mesa-6.5.2 from www.sourceforge.net, drm from
git://anongit.freedesktop.ogr/git/mesa/drm.

Thank You.
Comment 1 Roland Scheidegger 2006-12-28 18:48:35 UTC
(In reply to comment #0)
> Hi, I have some strange trouble with Mesa-6.5.2. When I compile a 'linux-x86'
> version, I get a 'libGL.so.1.5.060502' library, and it works fine with all demos
> and xdemos examples, but it does not support direct rendering.
> 
> In other hand, when I compile mesa in 'linux-dri' or 'linux-dri-x86' mode, I get
> a 'libGL.so.1.2' library that works like real OpenGL 1.2 with DRI support (as
> glxinfo says). But it hasn't some OpenGL 1.5 extensions. Following demos aren't
> working with this version:
This is expected behaviour. The hw does not support everything, so instead of
advertizing all extensions and having awfully slow fallbacks, the extensions not
supported are not even shown.

> arbfslight ("Sorry, this demo requires GL_ARB_fragment_shader")
> fplight ("Sorry, this demo requires GL_NV_fragment_program")
> fslight ("Warning: this program expects OpenGL 2.0" and many messages like that:
> "Mesa 6.5.2 implementation error: User called no-op dispatch function (an
> unsupported extension function?)")
> glslnoise ("Sorry, this demo requires GL_ARB_fragment_shade")
> shadowtex ("Sorry, this demo requires the GL_ARB_depth_texture and GL_ARB_shadow
no way the hw could do these.

> paltex ("Sorry, GL_EXT_paletted_texture not supported")
paletted textures. 
> pointblast ("Sorry, GL_ARB_point_parameters is not supported.")
> spriteblast ("Sorry, this demo requires GL_ARB_point_sprite.")
Hw doesn't support these, the driver could in theory provide some half-useful
fallback.  But apps are happy without them and usually do the "fallback" on
their own just fine.

> stex3d ("Segmentation fault" after "finished setting up 3d texture image.")
This is a bug. The driver does not support 3d textures (there are some problems
with this feature in hardware), you should get a (slow) software fallback (as
it's a 1.2 core feature it must be supported by the driver). Could you provide a
backtrace? Last time I tried that demo on radeon it worked.

> vao_demo (""GL_VERSION = 1.3 Mesa 6.5.2" and Sorry, this program requires
> GL_APPLE_vertex_array_object"")
> arbocclude ("Sorry, this demo requires the GL_ARB_occlusion_query extension")
I guess those two could be supported by hw, but the driver doesn't support it.
Comment 2 Brian Paul 2009-09-15 15:24:27 UTC
Nothing to do for this old bug report.


Use of freedesktop.org services, including Bugzilla, is subject to our Code of Conduct. How we collect and use information is described in our Privacy Policy.