Created attachment 130095 [details]
troubleshoot.txt from the printer troubleshooter
This is a duplicate of the issue I reported on the RedHat bugzilla at https://bugzilla.redhat.com/show_bug.cgi?id=1420072
I figured I'd report it in the right place--the upstream project itself.
I have a USB-connected HP LaserJet 1200 laser printer. From my Fedora 25 machine, most documents print just fine. However there are *certain* PDFs that refuse to print. I can print these troublesome PDFs from my Windows and Mac machines.
100% reproducible with affected PDFs. 0% reproducible for other documents. Not sure what makes certain PDFs not work. Same results on Fedora 25 with poppler-0.45.0-2.fc25 as well as OpenSUSE Tumbleweed with poppler-0.52.0
STEPS TO REPRODUCE
1. Find/acquire/generate a troublesome PDF document (one is attached)
2. Print the PDF document from program that can print (evince, chromium, xournal, okular, `lp`; doesn't matter)
The document shows up in the printer's job queue and the lights on the front of the printer begin to blink as though it's about to start printing. But it never actually prints. The job's status remains "processing" indefinitely. I've waited 30 minutes in this state and it never prints.
The document should print within 10 seconds of being sent to the printer.
- All text documents print fine from gedit and `lp`
- Most PDF documents print fine from evince, chromium, xournal, okular, and `lp`
- Affected PDFs do not print from any program (evince, chromium, xournal, okular, or `lp`)
- Same results in Fedora 25 as well as OpenSUSE Tumbleweed
- Attached troubleshooting.txt from the printer troubleshooter
- Attached a PDF that won't print
- Attached a PDF that does print
Created attachment 130096 [details]
A PDF that won't print
Created attachment 130097 [details]
A PDF that prints just fine
Created attachment 130098 [details]
PPD file for the printer
Created attachment 130099 [details]
/var/log/cups/error_log during a successful print
Created attachment 130100 [details]
/var/log/cups/error_log during a print that hangs forever
-- GitLab Migration Automatic Message --
This bug has been migrated to freedesktop.org's GitLab instance and has been closed from further activity.
You can subscribe and participate further through the new bug through this link to our GitLab instance: https://gitlab.freedesktop.org/poppler/poppler/issues/115.