Created attachment 130861 [details]
Main menu screen with an unreadable title
I've got glitches in Deus Ex: Mankind Divided that appeared some days ago. See the screenshot were the title is unreadable.
OS: Ubuntu 17.04
Linux kernel version: 4.10.0-19-generic
cpu: Intel i7-6700K
gpu: Amd RX 480
Mesa version: 1:17.1~git170417001000.9f0dd85~z~padoka0
Could be a duplicate of bug 100681.
(In reply to Michel Dänzer from comment #1)
> Could be a duplicate of bug 100681.
Probably, radv also gives me glitches in The Talos Principle.
Today I updated Mesa to version 1:17.2~git170417160400.ba6c451~z~padoka0 and the glitches are still there. The llvm SVN revision stays at r300374.
I built the llvm trunk but I have no idea how to ask Mesa to use the build result (are .so or lib.a used?). If you have any tutorial to run a specific llvm version with Mesa I would be interested.
Until bug 100681 is fixed, updating to newer snapshots won't help if it's caused by the same problem. The most likely culprit so far is LLVM r300023.
Bug 100681 was fixed by LLVM SVN r300791, how about this?
(In reply to Michel Dänzer from comment #4)
> Bug 100681 was fixed by LLVM SVN r300791, how about this?
I got an update of the padoka package today. It ships with llvm-5.0 r301038 but unfortunately the problem is still there :(
I can't reproduce this with opensuse + RX480 + Mesa-git 17.2 (d1608d6982) + llvm 5.0 revision 300864 + linux 4.10.11
Created attachment 130984 [details]
Loading screen glitches
Other screenshot showing glitches
Some in-game bad textures disappeared. The Talos Principle is fixed too. I think those glitches were actually related to bug 100681. The textures looked dirty, but they were not complete garbage as seen in the screenshots attached to this bug. So now I think it is a different problem.
So far I have only seen the glitch on user interface textures.
I am still learning to build my own version of Mesa with a specific version of LLVM in order to find the bad revision.
I uninstalled padoka packages and reinstalled plain mesa 17.0.3 from Ubuntu 17.04.
I then reinstalled padoka and the problem is gone.
I will probably never know what happened. Anyway, I'm closing the bug.