Bug 105015 - textList() reverse characters order for Arabic
Summary: textList() reverse characters order for Arabic
Alias: None
Product: poppler
Classification: Unclassified
Component: qt frontend (show other bugs)
Version: unspecified
Hardware: Other All
: medium major
Assignee: poppler-bugs
QA Contact:
Depends on:
Reported: 2018-02-08 08:33 UTC by Fahad Al-Saidi
Modified: 2018-08-21 10:53 UTC (History)
1 user (show)

See Also:
i915 platform:
i915 features:

rtl-1 test (13.07 KB, application/pdf)
2018-02-11 17:17 UTC, Fahad Al-Saidi
rtl-1 test2 (6.87 KB, application/pdf)
2018-02-11 17:18 UTC, Fahad Al-Saidi

Description Fahad Al-Saidi 2018-02-08 08:33:52 UTC
I am trying to fix okular bug #207748 (RTL languages searches text backwards), I trace it to textList() reverse Arabic characters. so, if the pdf text is "testing تجربة " 

textlist() will return something likes this:

[0] = "testing"
[1] = "ةبرجت"

It should be:

[0] = "testing"
[1] = "تجربة"
Comment 1 Albert Astals Cid 2018-02-11 11:13:00 UTC
Can we have such a pdf?
Comment 2 Fahad Al-Saidi 2018-02-11 17:17:24 UTC
Created attachment 137274 [details]
rtl-1 test

First Test
Text ="testing تجربة "
Comment 3 Fahad Al-Saidi 2018-02-11 17:18:14 UTC
Created attachment 137275 [details]
rtl-1 test2

Text = "مو بن"
Comment 4 Fahad Al-Saidi 2018-02-11 18:00:11 UTC
I think if we can run reorderText() through it, the problem will be fixed.
Comment 5 GitLab Migration User 2018-08-21 10:53:37 UTC
-- GitLab Migration Automatic Message --

This bug has been migrated to freedesktop.org's GitLab instance and has been closed from further activity.

You can subscribe and participate further through the new bug through this link to our GitLab instance: https://gitlab.freedesktop.org/poppler/poppler/issues/412.

Use of freedesktop.org services, including Bugzilla, is subject to our Code of Conduct. How we collect and use information is described in our Privacy Policy.