- Skylake i5 (BXT had same issue too)
- Git versions of:
- kernel (support atomic modesetting)
- X server / Xwayland
(latest releases may be enough, but hasn't been tested)
- New enough dependencies for above, so that modifiers are supported
- GL application supporting fullscreen in both X and Wayland:
# apt install glmark2 glmar2-wayland
- Start Weston with --xwayland
- Start fullscreen Wayland GL application:
- Start fullscreen X GL application:
- Start windowed X GL application:
- Fullscreen X GL application works as well through XWayland, as native Wayland GL applications
- Wayland GL application fullscreen window works fine
- X GL application fullscreen window never becomes visible
- Or with some applications, it appears on random runs, after random delay, but with Weston panel on top of it instead of as fullscreen
- Windowed X GL application windows work fine
- Same thing regardless of whether application uses GLES or GL, glX or EGL
- With some fullscreen GL benchmarks, the window appears after a while, but in that case it's below the Weston panel i.e. not really fullscreen
- Whether and when the (non-fullscreen) window appears seems *completely random*
- I've seen this most reliably with Ungine Heaven and Valley benchmarks
I haven't tried XWayland before, but I assume it must be a regression.
Xprop and Xwininfo report following for the running invisible glmark2 window:
_NET_WM_DESKTOP(CARDINAL) = 0
window state: Normal
icon window: 0x0
WM_PROTOCOLS(ATOM): protocols WM_DELETE_WINDOW
WM_NAME(STRING) = "glmark2 2014.03+git20150611.fa71af2d"
_NET_WM_STATE(ATOM) = _NET_WM_STATE_FULLSCREEN
Absolute upper-left X: 0
Absolute upper-left Y: 0
Relative upper-left X: 0
Relative upper-left Y: 0
Visual Class: TrueColor
Border width: 0
Colormap: 0x400001 (not installed)
Bit Gravity State: ForgetGravity
Window Gravity State: NorthWestGravity
Backing Store State: NotUseful
Save Under State: no
Map State: IsViewable
Override Redirect State: no
Corners: +0+0 -0+0 -0-0 +0-0
(This was on FullHD monitor.)
This looks more of a weston/xwm issue than Xwayland actually.
Reproduced under weston, yet the same works fine GNOME on Wayland → moving to weston.
(In reply to Olivier Fourdan from comment #2)
> Reproduced under weston, yet the same works fine GNOME on Wayland → moving
> to weston.
Increasing importance. Fullscreen (XWayland) windows not being visible is at least high major issue.
-- GitLab Migration Automatic Message --
This bug has been migrated to freedesktop.org's GitLab instance and has been closed from further activity.
You can subscribe and participate further through the new bug through this link to our GitLab instance: https://gitlab.freedesktop.org/wayland/weston/issues/114.
(In reply to GitLab Migration User from comment #4)
> You can subscribe and participate further through the new bug through this
> link to our GitLab instance:
Ping. I haven't seen any activity either here, or in gitlab bug tracker for this issue. Any idea what's causing it / who might be looking into it?
(Commenting here as I haven't registered to gitlab tracker.)