HOW TO REPRODUCE:
Using Deepin as desktop environment, in the Terminal enter "xdg-email".
xdg-email: no method available for opening 'mailto:'
1. sudo nano /usr/bin/xdg-email
2. Under the line "DEEPIN|Deepin|deepin)" change the variable "DE" to "gnome3"
Also reported to:
An easy fix could be using xdg-open instead:
Created attachment 141513 [details] [review]
I would be more inclined to include your fix, if the patch included *only* the fix, and not the cosmetic bits of renaming things too (if you really want that, submit it separately)
meh, I'll commit as-is, looks good on both issues
Hi, I'm a developer from deepin, it seems to be a little bit late, but I'm still wondering why the renaming is necessary ?
The rationale starts here:
- # Deepin Desktop Environments
The previous code was dead-spaghetti. Since I had to use that variable, it also looked like the right moment to clean it up too.
It's just simpler to name the desktop as the name given by the switch, specially when it's also the name given by $DESKTOP_SESSION:
- It's conceptually closer.
- It's more coherent overall.
- It removes the need of having that comment line.
- No other desktops were commented, breaking the style.
- The full word is more understandable than the acronym.
- It's also more natural to read.
- It's easier to search, both in documents and online.
Why do you remove the DEEPIN|deepin match? It's for compatible reason since older version of DDE are using that.
See https://bugs.freedesktop.org/show_bug.cgi?id=106143 .
Please consider revert the change about this part for better compatibility. Thx.
(deleted by admin)
Above link is a scam.
Unsubscribing due to the frequency of spam. And reporting those sites as scam.
Also reported to: