Created attachment 142451 [details]
This can replicated every time.
System: Lenovo A485 with 2700U APU
Steps to replicate:
1. Download Firefox Nightly from nightly.mozilla.org
2. Open Firefox Nightly
3. Type about:config in the address bar and press enter
4. Search for gfx.webrender.all in the config search box and double click the "gfx.webrender.all" entry enable it (will show enabled after double clicking)
5. Restart Firefox Nightly
6. Browse to http://diana-adrianne.com/purecss-francine/ in Firefox Nightly
7. Screen should stop responding within a few seconds after zooming/scrolling a bit
Result: Screen will stop responding, though the mouse cursor still moves.
nov 12 14:42:15 kernel: [drm:amdgpu_job_timedout [amdgpu]] *ERROR* ring sdma0 timeout, signaled seq=20166, emitted seq=20168
nov 12 14:42:15 kernel: [drm] GPU recovery disabled.
nov 12 14:42:35 kernel: [TTM] Buffer eviction failed
I have the same exact bug. As a workaround i used earlier build of mesa but indeed the latest one is borked and unusable in Firefox.
And without webrenderer firefox is kind of unusable as the color gradient look horrible.
Can you still reproduce this issue?
It seems to work fine here with a recent kernel + mesa configuration.