If I play a video with mpv --vo=vaapi OR --vo=vdpau after this commit https://gitlab.freedesktop.org/mesa/mesa/commit/f6ac0b5d7187ebb6839fc884e1dbfa8f1dd21eac I get a few problems:
1. Press i to show mpv info and it will show black rectangles instead.
2. Going fullscreen fails silently sometimes.
3. Video looks really jaggy when downsized, more than the usual with those --vo backends.
4. Places where the UI should be transparent are black instead (related to first issue?).
Thanks for the testing. We'll have a look.
Problem 1,4: the blend implementation seems incomplete with compute shader.
Problem 3: could you provide the clip and the screen capture? I want to check on my bench.
Problem 2: So far I didn't see on my bench. I will try to reproduce here.
(In reply to email@example.com from comment #2)
> Problem 1,4: the blend implementation seems incomplete with compute shader.
> Problem 3: could you provide the clip and the screen capture? I want to
> check on my bench.
> Problem 2: So far I didn't see on my bench. I will try to reproduce here.
Also found an extra problem with this test case. Both vaapi and vdpau are dropping lots of frames on it.
Could you try:
mpv --vo=vaapi --hwdec=vaapi https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LXb3EKWsInQ
mpv --vo=vdpau --hwdec=vdpau https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LXb3EKWsInQ
Then resize down the window.
This reproduces the jagginess and also introduces constant stuttering.
Let me know if you can reproduce, I'm at work now but I can provide captures and logs when I come home if needed.
Ok, some updates:
1. The stutter/framedrop was related to the codec, not your patches. Switching to dav1d improved it.
2. The last patch you posted fixed the black UI issues.
3. Got a comparison shot of how the jagginess looks between mesa before and after your implementation: https://i.imgur.com/A6ko6ap.png
Thanks so much! By the way, can you provide me the source to reproduce the jagginess issue at my side?
Sorry, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LXb3EKWsInQ is the clip. James
Created attachment 143809 [details] [review]
patch for blur issue fix
Created attachment 143810 [details] [review]
patch for blank issue fix
Please help verify the two new patches to address the issues that you found during Chromium hardware acceleration enabled playback.
(In reply to firstname.lastname@example.org from comment #9)
> Hi Bruno,
> Please help verify the two new patches to address the issues that you found
> during Chromium hardware acceleration enabled playback.
> James Zhu
Done, those two issues are fixed with the patch. I'll close this as resolved and open another ticket if I find more issues but the two main va-api applications I use are working fine (mpv and chrome/ium).