Starting subtest: dp-audio-edid
(kms_chamelium:1237) CRITICAL: Test assertion failure function test_display_audio_edid, file ../tests/kms_chamelium.c:1471:
(kms_chamelium:1237) CRITICAL: Failed assertion: eld_get_igt(&eld)
(kms_chamelium:1237) CRITICAL: Last errno: 2, No such file or directory
Subtest dp-audio-edid failed.
The CI Bug Log issue associated to this bug has been updated.
### New filters associated
* ICL: igt@kms_chamelium@dp-audio-edid - fail - Failed assertion: eld_get_igt(&eld)
Simon, can you comment impact of this and if this is real issue and where?
This one sounds like an IGT issue, the test seems broken. Working on a fix.
Impact is no test coverage for ensuring monitors supporting audio connected via DP are supported.
Bleh, I can't reproduce this bug on my setup no matter what I try. I thought that maybe IGT wasn't properly re-probing connectors after setting an EDID but that's not the case, we do it properly.
In the dmesg for both logs there is:
<4> [449.746542] snd_hda_codec_hdmi hdaudioC0D2: HDMI: pin nid 5 not registered
Might just be due to the same bug as https://bugs.freedesktop.org/show_bug.cgi?id=110879
I can reproduce on re-icl-u with the mini-DP port and a real screen:
1. Unplug everything, boot the machine, run `cat /proc/asound/eld*`: no ELD present
2. Plug an external screen which supports audio
3. Run dmesg. Grep for "ELD". Notice the lines "[drm:drm_add_edid_modes] ELD monitor <monitor name>" and "[drm:drm_add_edid_modes] ELD size 36, SAD count 1"
3. Run `cat /proc/asound/eld*`: still no monitor present
4. Play a sound with aplay
5. Run dmesg. A bunch of "[drm:i915_audio_component_get_eld [i915]] Not valid for port <port>" messages appear.
5. Run `cat /proc/asound/eld*`: monitor appears
Are we supposed to start playing audio to get the correct value in /proc/asound/eld*?
Additionally, disconnecting the mini-DP cable doesn't make the /proc/asound/eld* entry go away, it's still saying the monitor is connected.
I believe this is a driver bug, it's not updating /proc/asound/eld* correctly.
The eld should appear/disappear when there is a modeset. If no one is reacting ot the hpd events and doing a modesets then the eld will not change state either.
We reprobe the connector and set a mode, so the ELD should definitely be updated.
This bug needs input from audio team.
Last seen 4 weeks ago. (It used to be seen every week.)
Improved ELD logging reveals that the old ELD (coming from the default Chamelium EDID) is staying around after hotplug with a new EDID:
(kms_chamelium:1152) igt_eld-DEBUG: Skipping non-IGT ELD: /proc/asound/card0/eld#2.6 (monitor name: AthenaDP)