Created attachment 145095 [details]
KBL GT3e i915 error state
* HW: KBL GT3e
* kernel: drm-tip git v5.2 kernel
* OS: Ubuntu 18.04
* Desktop: lightdm/Unity/compiz
* Latest MediaSDK & FFmpeg built from Git
* Run many parallel video encode tasks in parallel, first using FFmpeg with VA-API backend, then using MSDK sample_multi_transcode application
* No hangs
* Last number of (recoverable) GPU hangs on rsc0 (media-driver uses compute EUs to do some of the transcoding operations)
* This may be media driver issue, but media driver (Github) tracker doesn't allow attachments like i915 error state, so I though better to start from here
The GPU gave up. That's a pattern I attribute to media hangs, so I would expect this to be userspace.
I haven't seen these since. If they keep away for a week more, I'll mark this as WORKSFORME.
(There are occasional recoverable GPU hangs in random 3D programs, but I'm not filing bugs on those until they repeat. This I filed just because there were so many hangs on the same test run.)
Only issues I see on KBL GT3e is bug 111424 with Mesa, I haven't seen this issue since => marking as WORKSFORME.