$ pkcon search name python-magic
available python-magic i386 4.23-5.fc9 koji-static-i386 Python bindings for the libmagic API
available python-magic x86_64 4.23-5.fc9 local Python bindings for the libmagic API
The UI throws out the .x86_64 result leaving only the i386 result, which would be clearly wrong on my x86_64 host.
Talking some with the yum upstream and this is a bit of a hard problem to solve.
However they're talking about having a search flag or api flag that will remove .arch from results and collapse duplicates into just a single return, like say "python-magic". Then when the user clicks that to install, "python-magic" is sent as the install request and local yum multilib policy will dictate which arches are to be searched for/installed.
I've fixed this in git, removing the pk_client_set_name_filter method - we need to fix this a better way, perhaps with the NEWEST filter I've just added to git.