In no particular order, comments with reference to 0.1.12-10.20080505.fc9 :
- All fields in the detail view (Type, Version, Updates, etc.) should be copyable via mouse highlight.
- The Description field should be word-wrapped.
- Rename 'Version' field to 'Installed'.
- Rename 'Updates' field to 'Update', singular.
- The update type icon is too prominent. It could be a faded out background underneath the package name and description, for example.
- Security updates should be sorted first (just like they are in the Overview pane of Update Viewer).
From frequent use of gpk-update-viewer I'd find some of the mentioned proposals useful; especially, the mouse-selectable/-copyable texts in fields and the word-wrapped Description field. Fedora pkg maintainers are asked to provide users useful information about the update: some packagers provides not only item-by-item list but also a real-word description in full-sentences in paragraphs and then one has to horizontally scroll, which I always found passion-killing.
What's your POV in this, Rich?
This is pretty much fixed these days. Feel free to file new bug reports for individual problems that remain with the latest version.
on Mar 25, 2017 at 23:34:55.
(provided by the Example extension).