In no particular order, comments with reference to 0.1.12-10.20080505.fc9 :
- All fields in the detail view (Type, Version, Updates, etc.) should be copyable via mouse highlight.
- The Description field should be word-wrapped.
- Rename 'Version' field to 'Installed'.
- Rename 'Updates' field to 'Update', singular.
- The update type icon is too prominent. It could be a faded out background underneath the package name and description, for example.
- Security updates should be sorted first (just like they are in the Overview pane of Update Viewer).
From frequent use of gpk-update-viewer I'd find some of the mentioned proposals useful; especially, the mouse-selectable/-copyable texts in fields and the word-wrapped Description field. Fedora pkg maintainers are asked to provide users useful information about the update: some packagers provides not only item-by-item list but also a real-word description in full-sentences in paragraphs and then one has to horizontally scroll, which I always found passion-killing.
What's your POV in this, Rich?
This is pretty much fixed these days. Feel free to file new bug reports for individual problems that remain with the latest version.