The changes on 2004-02-07 broke the build for freetype <= 2.1.4. According to
the release notes, the y_ppem member of the FT_Bitmap_Size structure was only
added in 2.1.5.
For reference, Fedora Core 1 only shipped with 2.1.4 so there will likely be a
lot of boxes out there without a new enough freetype.
I've added an AC_CHECK_MEMBER test for y_ppem. I don't have an older version of
FreeType to test against; please update and see if it works.
The build was still broken after your change, so I am reopenning. I'll attach a
patch that gets things to compile in a sec.
Created attachment 87 [details] [review]
With your change when the FT_Bitmap_Size.y_ppem member is not found,
HAVE_FT_BITMAP_SIZE_Y_PPEM gets #define'd to 0.
Later on in fcfreetype.c, you do a "#ifdef HAVE_FT_BITMAP_SIZE_Y_PPEM" to check
whether the member exists. Unfortunately having HAVE_FT_BITMAP_SIZE_Y_PPEM
defined to 0 counts as it being defined.
The attached patch alters configure.in so that HAVE_FT_BITMAP_SIZE_Y_PPEM will
only ever be defined if y_ppem exists. It also makes configure.in 10 lines
shorter, which can't hurt :)
Thanks for the fix. I decided to do it slightly differently, using the (I think
corrrect) #if HAVE_ ... syntax.
Let me know if it's *still* busted...
Seems to build fine now. Thanks.