1. Open ccsm and xterm, both maximized, on a workspace of their own.
2. Use "Application Switcher" to switch between xterm and ccsm; be sure to release alt+tab fairly quickly.
3. Notice how xterm blinks when it gains focus. Notice how ccsm *sometimes* blinks when it gains focus.
4. Also do <alt><tab/><wait duration='3s'/></alt>, and notice how the windows still blink.
5. With xterm focused, do <alt><tab/><tab/></alt> to move focus from xterm to xterm, with the switcher popup resting over ccsm for a short while. Notice how the windows never blink when releasing alt.
Now use "Static Application Switcher" instead. Notice how xterm *sometimes* blinks. The rest should be the same.
This doesn't look nice [and is reason enough to change this].
I think epileptics are mostly affected by *repeated* and *periodic* blinkenlights, but [due to a lack of knowledge] I can imagine [probably incorrectly] that this may make compiz unacceptable to use for some of them.
Mass closure: This bug has been untouched for more than six years, and is not
obviously still valid. Please reopen this bug or file a new report if you continue to experience issues with current releases.