Bug 19685 - gpk-update-viewer: invalid UTF-8 encoded text
Summary: gpk-update-viewer: invalid UTF-8 encoded text
Status: RESOLVED INVALID
Alias: None
Product: PackageKit
Classification: Unclassified
Component: General (show other bugs)
Version: unspecified
Hardware: Other All
: medium normal
Assignee: Richard Hughes
QA Contact:
URL:
Whiteboard:
Keywords:
Depends on:
Blocks:
 
Reported: 2009-01-22 04:15 UTC by Vincent Untz
Modified: 2012-01-05 10:18 UTC (History)
1 user (show)

See Also:
i915 platform:
i915 features:


Attachments

Note You need to log in before you can comment on or make changes to this bug.
Description Vincent Untz 2009-01-22 04:15:15 UTC
Forwarding https://bugzilla.novell.com/show_bug.cgi?id=468200

welinder@toshiba:~> gpk-update-viewer 

(gpk-update-viewer:25862): Gtk-WARNING **: Failed to set text from markup due
to error parsing markup: Error on line 1 char 18: Invalid UTF-8 encoded text -
not valid '<b><big>\u0010�\u0010\u0008</big></b>'


Reproducible: Couldn't Reproduce

I installed one update.  I believe it was this one:

2009-01-20
21:29:31|install|autofs|5.0.3-82.28.1|i586||repo-update|10f7c42416de1
3bd4e947a0e603c68086fc6bc39
Comment 1 Richard Hughes 2009-01-22 06:05:52 UTC
Looks like the backed is sending invalid UTF8. I'll follow up on the novell bug.
Comment 2 Michal Nowak 2009-02-02 13:01:45 UTC
Looks like it's CLOSED downstream. I experience this on 0.3.13-1 from Fedora 10; the error msgs are (a little bit) different every update set, IMO. And from bisect I guess it's not because of any particular package in the update set.

* From foo update set of 20 pkgs (todays fedora-10-updates-testing):

(gpk-update-viewer:11929): Gtk-WARNING **: Failed to set text from markup due to error parsing markup: Error on line 1 char 17: Invalid UTF-8 encoded text - not valid '<b><big>���\u0008</big></b>'

* Downgraded ltrace via `rpm' and started gpk-update-viewer and update to current ltrace:

(gpk-update-viewer:11955): Gtk-WARNING **: Failed to set text from markup due to error parsing markup: Error on line 1 char 17: Invalid UTF-8 encoded text - not valid '<b><big>�1�	shed</big></b>'
Comment 3 Vincent Untz 2009-02-02 13:13:22 UTC
(In reply to comment #2)
> Looks like it's CLOSED downstream.

Heh, it's closed as UPSTREAM ;-)
Comment 4 Michal Nowak 2009-02-02 13:20:53 UTC
(In reply to comment #3)
> Heh, it's closed as UPSTREAM ;-)

I know :). But the place, *where* it was closed is "downstream" (from upstream's POV).
Comment 5 Vincent Untz 2009-02-02 14:01:24 UTC
(In reply to comment #4)
> (In reply to comment #3)
> > Heh, it's closed as UPSTREAM ;-)
> 
> I know :). But the place, *where* it was closed is "downstream" (from
> upstream's POV).

I was just pointing out that the fact that it's closed downstream is irrelevant since, in openSUSE, we close bugs as UPSTREAM when we forward them to upstream -- but, well, I'm completely exhausted, so I'm probably misunderstanding something here ;-) Maybe we're just saying the same stuff.
Comment 6 Jean-François Fortin Tam 2012-01-05 10:18:48 UTC
Hi there,
This particular bug needs additional information to fix the bug. Please test the latest version of PackageKit and see if it fixes your problem. If it does not, please provide additional information to help the developers.


bug/show.html.tmpl processed on Mar 25, 2017 at 23:32:03.
(provided by the Example extension).