1) ./autogen.sh --prefix=`pwd`/bld --enable-xevie=no; make; make install
2) From three different shells sitting in my at-spi2-core directory:
b) gcalctool --gtk-module=`pwd`/bld/lib/gtk-2.0/modules/libspiatk.so
c) PYTHONPATH=`pwd`/bld/lib/python2.4/site-packages accerciser
3) In gcalctool, select the Edit->Insert ASCII value... menu item
4) In accerciser, find the "Insert ASCII Value" dialog, and then find the "Character:" label and text entry field objects.
5) Go to the "Interface Viewer" tab and look at the "Relations" box under the "Accessible" area on the right hand side. You'll see "Dbus.uint32(1l)" and "Dbus.unint32(2l)" instead of "Label for" and "Labelled by"
This is something going on in accerciser. The problem is that accerciser is using 'repr' on the return value of the call to getRelationType.
r_type_name = repr(relation.getRelationType()).replace('RELATION_', '')
Calling repr on the return vale of the CORBA implementation of getRelationType on a relation gives a string that is the constant name of the relation (e.g., RELATION_LABEL_FOR). The repr method is meant to return executable code that can be handled by the Python interpreter. So, what accerciser is doing is incorrect. I'll open a bug/patch in GNOME bugzilla for accerciser for this.