In practice, hardly any distributions will ship 0.8.0, because they want TpAccount (for Moblin). However, distributions want a bugfix-only branch that can support Moblin. It seems reasonable to delay feature development to 0.11.x, have a very short 0.9.x branch (with no or minimal API additions) while we get feedback from people who're using the new API from 0.9.0, and ship 0.10.0 soon.
In addition to the bugs that block this one, these would be nice to have but are not critical.
* Bug #25149 (needs implementation: pretend the Connection disconnected if the Account is removed or otherwise invalidated, because in practice, that'll happen)
* some coverity fixes I haven't filed a bug for yet (needs implementation)
* Bug #24258 (needs review: at least the leak fixes, but ideally the valgrind suppressions too)
* Bug #25283 (needs review: more generated constants)
* Bug #25379 (ready to merge: we like UTF-8)
* Bug #25335 (needs review, which I'll do soon)
Released, announcement mail to follow.