Bug 31717 - Problem with Acrobat opening PDF created using Cairo
Summary: Problem with Acrobat opening PDF created using Cairo
Alias: None
Product: cairo
Classification: Unclassified
Component: pdf backend (show other bugs)
Version: 1.10.0
Hardware: Other Linux (All)
: medium normal
Assignee: Adrian Johnson
QA Contact: cairo-bugs mailing list
Depends on:
Reported: 2010-11-18 05:23 UTC by Kieran
Modified: 2010-11-18 06:06 UTC (History)
0 users

See Also:
i915 platform:
i915 features:

Working (Cairo 1.8.8) (1.85 KB, application/pdf)
2010-11-18 05:23 UTC, Kieran
Fails (Cairo 1.10) (2.23 KB, application/pdf)
2010-11-18 05:25 UTC, Kieran
Ruby source (3.40 KB, application/octet-stream)
2010-11-18 05:25 UTC, Kieran

Description Kieran 2010-11-18 05:23:59 UTC
Created attachment 40373 [details]
Working (Cairo 1.8.8)

I am creating PDFs using Cairo. The attached snippet was working fine on Cairo 1.8.8 but gives a 109 error reading document in Adobe 9.4 under Windows when using Cairo 1.10

I am using Fedora in both cases. Sorry the example is ruby, but that's what I am using.

I have attached the output from both versions (2Kb approx)

Many thanks

Comment 1 Kieran 2010-11-18 05:25:02 UTC
Created attachment 40374 [details]
Fails (Cairo 1.10)
Comment 2 Kieran 2010-11-18 05:25:49 UTC
Created attachment 40375 [details]
Ruby source
Comment 3 Kieran 2010-11-18 05:28:11 UTC
I have tried opening the document with Foxit reader 4.2 and Okular (KDE) and it opens fine
Comment 4 Adrian Johnson 2010-11-18 06:06:05 UTC
This bug has already been fixed in git with this commit:


The next stable release (1.10.2) will contain this fix.

Use of freedesktop.org services, including Bugzilla, is subject to our Code of Conduct. How we collect and use information is described in our Privacy Policy.