After my adventures described in bug 32815, Jonny set fallback-conference-server to conference.jabber.org, and created an ad-hoc chat room. Here is a translation from Gabble-debug-log-speak to English of selected portions of the log:
wocky-DEBUG: 04/01/11 11:11:03.478718: _end_element_ns: Received stanza
* message xmlns='jabber:client' email@example.com' firstname.lastname@example.org'
* x xmlns='http://jabber.org/protocol/muc#user'
* invite email@example.com/reger'
What a beautiful invitation.
gabble/muc-DEBUG: 04/01/11 11:11:03.479119: new_muc_channel: creating new chan, object path /org/freedesktop/Telepathy/Connection/gabble/jabber/will_40willthompson_2eco_2euk_2fb756e715/MucChannel1
gabble/muc-DEBUG: 04/01/11 11:11:03.480590: muc_ready_cb: text chan=0x1a72470
gabble/olpc-DEBUG: 04/01/11 11:11:03.481760: gabble_olpc_activity_constructor: new activity firstname.lastname@example.org (1)
wocky-DEBUG: 04/01/11 11:11:03.534950: _write_node_tree: Serializing tree:
* iq xmlns='jabber:client' type='get' email@example.com/wjt' id='308534911'
* pubsub xmlns='http://jabber.org/protocol/pubsub'
* items node='http://jabber.org/protocol/geoloc'
Why the hell did Gabble make a PEP query to *my own JID* in this MUC that I haven't even joined yet?
gabble/connection-DEBUG: 04/01/11 11:11:03.535223: gabble_connection_get_handle_contact_capabilities: don't know 26's presence; no caps for them.
wocky-DEBUG: 04/01/11 11:11:03.689654: _end_element_ns: Received stanza
* iq xmlns='jabber:client' id='308534911' type='error' firstname.lastname@example.org/b756e715' email@example.com/wjt'
* error type='cancel' code='405'
* not-allowed xmlns='urn:ietf:params:xml:ns:xmpp-stanzas'
Oh hey it failed. Funny that. This is not related to this bug really, but it is stupid.
gabble/connection-DEBUG: 04/01/11 11:11:06.652527: gabble_connection_get_handle_contact_capabilities: don't know 26's presence; no caps for them.
gabble/presence-DEBUG: 04/01/11 11:11:06.694295: gabble_presence_cache_do_update: firstname.lastname@example.org/wjt (26) resource <null> prio 0 presence 7 message "."
gabble/presence-DEBUG: 04/01/11 11:11:06.694363: emit_capabilities_update: no change in caps for handle 26
I am as high as a kite.
wocky-DEBUG: 04/01/11 11:11:06.694689: _write_node_tree: Serializing tree:
* presence xmlns='jabber:client' email@example.com/b756e715' firstname.lastname@example.org/wjt'
* x xmlns='vcard-temp:x:update'
* x xmlns='http://jabber.org/protocol/muc'
gabble/muc-DEBUG: 04/01/11 11:11:06.694901: channel_state_changed: state changed from MUC_STATE_CREATED to MUC_STATE_INITIATED
So I try to join the room that I got an invitation from …
wocky-DEBUG: 04/01/11 11:11:06.822192: _end_element_ns: Received stanza
* presence xmlns='jabber:client' type='error' email@example.com/b756e715' firstname.lastname@example.org'
* x xmlns='http://jabber.org/protocol/muc'
* error type='cancel' code='404'
* item-not-found xmlns='urn:ietf:params:xml:ns:xmpp-stanzas'
… and it says no! What the hell. Jonny informs me that he was in fact in this room. It could be an M-Link bug; or maybe we're not configuring the room to be public enough?
gabble/muc-DEBUG: 04/01/11 11:11:06.822489: muc_join_error_cb: error->code=3, error->message="the addressed JID or item requested cannot be found"
gabble/muc-DEBUG: 04/01/11 11:11:06.822613: close_channel: Closing
gabble/muc-DEBUG: 04/01/11 11:11:06.822721: muc_call_channel_finish_requests: Failed to create call channel: Muc channel closed below us
gabble/muc-DEBUG: 04/01/11 11:11:06.823493: channel_state_changed: state changed from MUC_STATE_INITIATED to MUC_STATE_ENDED
(Oh, I should add that we tried more than once; this isn't a one-off.)
-- GitLab Migration Automatic Message --
This bug has been migrated to freedesktop.org's GitLab instance and has been closed from further activity.
You can subscribe and participate further through the new bug through this link to our GitLab instance: https://gitlab.freedesktop.org/telepathy/telepathy-gabble/issues/119.