Related to bug 33048, I set my alias to 😼 (U+1F63C CAT FACE WITH WRY SMILE) and tried to join a MUC.
M-Link correctly rejects my request to join as follows:
_end_element_ns: Received stanza
* presence xmlns='jabber:client' type='error' email@example.com/Queeg' firstname.lastname@example.org/😼'
* x xmlns='vcard-temp:x:update'
* x xmlns='http://jabber.org/protocol/muc'
* error code='400' type='modify'
* jid-malformed xmlns='urn:ietf:params:xml:ns:xmpp-stanzas'
But we shouldn't ever get this far!
(This does raise the question of how we represent this restriction on romo nicknames. We arguably need this for IRC too.)
-- GitLab Migration Automatic Message --
This bug has been migrated to freedesktop.org's GitLab instance and has been closed from further activity.
You can subscribe and participate further through the new bug through this link to our GitLab instance: https://gitlab.freedesktop.org/telepathy/telepathy-gabble/issues/123.