Created attachment 47353 [details]
dmesg with errors
GPU lockup (waiting for 0x00004E51 last fence id 0x00004E50)
Using the latest git:
Linux 2.6.39, drm 61be940, mesa 29ceeeb, xorg 1.10.2, ati 6.14.2
HP laptop, Core i5-450M + Radeon HD 5650 REDWOOD (68C1)
Steps to reproduce:
1. Start Blender 2.57 normally:
$ blender-2.5 --factory-startup
2. On the default scene with the cube press 'g' to move the cube
3. Use mouse to continuously move the cube on screen on random directions
4. After about 5 seconds Blender freezes but mouse cursor keeps moving
5. A GPU lockup occurs and the provided errors appear on dmesg
The bug is very easy to reproduce on my system. I can keep using the system normally after the bug, but sometimes I have to reset the video mode by switching to text console and then back to Xorg.
Also there is an alternative way to trigger the bug: Instead of moving the
cube keep resizing any of the side panels continuously.
The problem disappears if I gpu-switcheroo to i965 so I assume this is
something r600g related. Also I was not able to reproduce it on r600c.
Created attachment 47354 [details]
It seems this was fixed by:
b5518834e3ae117eafb32cfc5c7e7af51b4a1078 r600g: cs init fixes