Bug 38254 - 2560x1600 not working anymore with R600 and Linux-3.0-rc2+
Summary: 2560x1600 not working anymore with R600 and Linux-3.0-rc2+
Alias: None
Product: DRI
Classification: Unclassified
Component: DRM/Radeon (show other bugs)
Version: XOrg git
Hardware: Other All
: medium normal
Assignee: Default DRI bug account
QA Contact:
Depends on:
Reported: 2011-06-13 08:09 UTC by darkbasic
Modified: 2011-06-13 10:37 UTC (History)
0 users

See Also:
i915 platform:
i915 features:


Description darkbasic 2011-06-13 08:09:23 UTC
As soon as it loads the radeon module it displays only artifacts, it works with UMS (radeon.nomodeset=0). With R500 it works flawlessly, even with KMS. 2.6.38 does work with R600, I didn't test 2.6.39. Card is an HD3870 (RV670).
Comment 1 Alex Deucher 2011-06-13 08:23:00 UTC
Can you bisect?
Comment 2 darkbasic 2011-06-13 08:58:44 UTC
Unfortunately I can't, I can access this machine only few hours at week at the moment and I'm currently using an X1950 XTX because I need working graphics.
Anyway if you want me to test a specific snapshot or two I can do it.

Thank you,
Comment 4 darkbasic 2011-06-13 10:05:33 UTC
Yes, it has. I'm using latest snapshot from torvalds branch as of now.
Comment 5 darkbasic 2011-06-13 10:19:22 UTC
I noticed I was previously embedding the additional firmwares in the kernel image (the radeon module was statically compiled), while now I compiled it as a module and I probably don't have the firmwares in a known path. I will check it.
Comment 6 darkbasic 2011-06-13 10:37:53 UTC
The problem was the missing ucode, I'm sorry.

Use of freedesktop.org services, including Bugzilla, is subject to our Code of Conduct. How we collect and use information is described in our Privacy Policy.