Bug 41857 - luit cp866 encoding mentioned in man but does not working
luit cp866 encoding mentioned in man but does not working
Status: RESOLVED FIXED
Product: xorg
Classification: Unclassified
Component: App/luit
7.6 (2010.12)
Other All
: low normal
Assigned To: Thomas E. Dickey
Thomas E. Dickey
2011BRB_Reviewed
:
Depends on:
Blocks:
  Show dependency treegraph
 
Reported: 2011-10-17 00:58 UTC by Matej Cepl
Modified: 2012-10-16 08:50 UTC (History)
1 user (show)

See Also:
i915 platform:
i915 features:


Attachments

Note You need to log in before you can comment on or make changes to this bug.
Description Matej Cepl 2011-10-17 00:58:50 UTC
(originally filed as https://bugzilla.redhat.com/show_bug.cgi?id=746506)

And I have not found official bugtracker for luit. So, found there patch
http://gentoo.ru/node/9440 (page on Russian) may help. I have test it, but
until cant't fix issue. So, may be for others it do more.
$ luit -encoding 'CP 866' -v ./cp866.app
Warning: couldn't find charset data for locale CP 866; using ISO 8859-1.
G0 is ASCII, G1 is Unknown (94), G2 is ISO 8859-1, G3 is Unknown (94).
GL is G0, GR is G2.
Test.
Description of problem:
Luit mention cp866 in supported encodings:
$ luit -list | grep 866
  CP 866

But in fact i does not working:
# localedef -i ru_RU -f IBM866 ru_RU.cp866

$ LANG=ru_RU.cp866 luit -encoding 'CP 866' -v ./cp866.app
Warning: couldn't find charset data for locale CP 866; using ISO 8859-1.
G0 is ASCII, G1 is Unknown (94), G2 is ISO 8859-1, G3 is Unknown (94).
GL is G0, GR is G2.
Test.

cp866.app consist from single line:
echo "Test. Русский текст для теста" | iconv -f utf-8 -t CP866

Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
$ rpm -q xorg-x11-apps 
xorg-x11-apps-7.6-2.fc15.x86_64

How reproducible:
Always
Comment 1 Thomas E. Dickey 2012-10-15 09:33:23 UTC
I addressed this in http://invisible-island.net/luit/luit.log.html#t20111030
Comment 2 Pavel Alexeev (aka Pahan-Hubbitus) 2012-10-16 08:50:59 UTC
Thank you very much! I'll try.