+ local or remote pending member), or 0 if the user is not a
+ member at all (which is likely to be the case, for instance,
+ on the old ContactList channels). Note that this is different
There is no such thing as a ContactList channel. We have always been at war with Eurasia.
- <p>In Telepathy 0.20 and older, we represented contact lists as a
- collection of ContactList channels. This is remarkably difficult to
- work with in practice - every client that cares about contact lists
- has to take the union of some hard-to-define set of these
- channels - and conflicts with the idea that channels that cannot
- be dispatched to a handler should be closed.</p>
There's no need to delete rationale that refers to ContactList channels (or other deprecated features) as "this is what we used to do, but it was crap"; that's still true.
This text doesn't really add anything either, though, so removing it is fine.
Both commits look good.
Merged to next.