Steps to reproduce:
- boot using "radeon.modeset=1 video=DIN-1:1024x768-24@60e"
- switch off S-Video: "xrandr --output DIN --off"
- Ctrl+Alt+F1 - vt1 console appears
- Ctrl+Alt+F7 - monitor shows no video input
- Ctrl+Alt+F1 again
- login and export proper DISPLAY
- xrandr --output DIN --auto
- Ctrl+Alt+F7 - Xorg works
Booting with forced S-Video and switching it off from Xorg makes problem. Also video mode cannot be restored in this case after GPU lockup. Restarting Xorg from vt1 helps too.
Arch Linux x86_64
Please attach your xorg log and dmesg output.
Created attachment 87272 [details]
Created attachment 87273 [details]
-- GitLab Migration Automatic Message --
This bug has been migrated to freedesktop.org's GitLab instance and has been closed from further activity.
You can subscribe and participate further through the new bug through this link to our GitLab instance: https://gitlab.freedesktop.org/drm/amd/issues/393.