Created attachment 92426 [details]
Fix build problem on FreeBSD
There are various problems prevent polkit from working on FreeBSD.
1. FreeBSD does not have fdatasync().
2. setnetgrent() on FreeBSD does not have return value.
3. FreeBSD does not have SIGPOLL.
4. mocklibc cannot be built on FreeBSD.
(In reply to comment #0)
> Created attachment 92426 [details]
I think you meant HAVE_SETNETGRENT_RETURN here?
Created attachment 92867 [details] [review]
Correct the patch to fix the build problem
Sorry for the typo. I upload the correct patch now.
I don't much care for "--disable-test" as a build option name. What's the conflict? Can we auto-detect whether the platform can support the tests?
Nevertheless I'll push this for now. I only made minor tweaks for wording.
In the future, split up patches that each do one thing are preferable.
Leaving the bug open for followup.
mocklibc won't build due to a number of issues:
- the return type of the mocked functions setnetgrent() and setgrent() are not the same as the headers define them to be on FreeBSD.
- we are missing fgetgrent() and fgetpwent()
All attempts to track down information about mocklibc and FreeBSD pretty much point to people talking about polkit build failures...
fgetpwent(3) and fgetgrent(3) are missing on NetBSD as well.
Please make them available as a fallback :)
-- GitLab Migration Automatic Message --
This bug has been migrated to freedesktop.org's GitLab instance and has been closed from further activity.
You can subscribe and participate further through the new bug through this link to our GitLab instance: https://gitlab.freedesktop.org/polkit/polkit/issues/28.