Created attachment 101898 [details]
The latest mesa git (a001ca98e155213ebde343957a934e1b8bb9db3d) introduced error in updating/installing the package 'libomxil-bellagio0' in Ubuntu 13.10 (oibaf PPA).
The previous mesa git snapshot of this PPA was 9a8acafa47558cafeb37f80f4b30061ac1962c69 and it worked ok so the bad commit is one of the following:
installation log attached.
Commit c35cf3400f5 removed a few calloc's that were required, so I've added them back with a001ca98e15. Yet I do not see how this issue can occur.
Can you attach a backtrace of the issue ? I cannot seem to reproduce this here.
(In reply to comment #1)
> Commit c35cf3400f5 removed a few calloc's that were required, so I've added
> them back with a001ca98e15. Yet I do not see how this issue can occur.
> Can you attach a backtrace of the issue ? I cannot seem to reproduce this
I did attach the installation log, which contains a backtrace.
(In reply to comment #2)
> I did attach the installation log, which contains a backtrace.
Should have been more explicit - can you run the program in gdb (gdb --args omxregister-bellagio -v) and attach the backtrace (bt full). Make sure that you have the debug symbols for mesa and libomxil-bellagio0.
Created attachment 101914 [details]
Ok, gdb output attached.
Thanks for the report. Seems like I forgot to copy the encoder strings into the new buffers :\
Author: Emil Velikov <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Date: Sat Jun 28 15:24:43 2014 +0100
st/omx: strcpy the string into the allocated buffer
This fixes commit a001ca98e15(st/omx: keep the name,
(name|role)_specific strings dynamically allocated) in which we
dynamically allocated the buffers for name and (name|role)_specific
yet forgot to copy the encoder strings into them.
Signed-off-by: Emil Velikov <email@example.com>
Thank you for the fix!
Use of freedesktop.org services, including Bugzilla, is subject to our Code of Conduct.