Created attachment 110556 [details]
Relevant kern.log entries
Chrome Version : 39.0.2171.65 (Developer Build) Ubuntu 14.04
URLs (if applicable) : inbox.google.com
Other browsers tested: -
What steps will reproduce the problem?
1. Open Chromium
2. Go to "inbox.google.com"
3. Click on a mail conversation to expand it
What is the expected result?
The mail conversation should be opened/expanded
What happens instead?
The computer freeze up, and I have to use the computers power switch to force it to power off.
Hardware and software info:
kenneho@kenneho-jobb:~$ uname -a
Linux kenneho-jobb 3.13.0-40-generic #69-Ubuntu SMP Thu Nov 13 17:53:56 UTC 2014 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux
kenneho@kenneho-jobb:~$ cat /etc/lsb-release
DISTRIB_DESCRIPTION="Ubuntu 14.04.1 LTS"
1) I managed to get (hopefully) relevant lines from /var/log/kern.log after a crash. The file excerpts is attached, filename "chromium-crash-kern.log".
2) I have the same problem on my Acer laptop, but don't have the hardware and software specifics available at this time.
3) I do not have the issue on my other desktop running Ubuntu (14.04, if I'm not mistaking).
4) I've attached the output from "sudo lshw" in the file lshw.txt
Created attachment 110557 [details]
output from "sudo lshw"
I upgraded to Ubuntu 14.10, and now my issue is resolved.