Created attachment 111007 [details]
I'm having problems with reclocking on a ASUS Radeon R9 290X DirectCU II:
mclk reclocking seems to work as expected but sclk stays at the "low" level no matter what.
I opened a new bug report because it seems like the problem is solved for 290 cards:
I've attached the xorg log, dmesg log and the cards vbios.
I updated the vbios to the latest version from asus to see if it solved the problem. Sadly it did not.
Created attachment 111008 [details]
Created attachment 111009 [details]
I have the same problem. Output from radeon_pm_info when the state is supposed to be set to high:
power level avg sclk: 30000 mclk: 126000
Some relevant dmesg output:
[ 1.744912] [drm] radeon kernel modesetting enabled.
[ 1.746987] checking generic (d0000000 e10000) vs hw (d0000000 10000000)
[ 1.746990] fb: switching to radeondrmfb from VESA VGA
[ 1.747009] Console: switching to colour dummy device 80x25
[ 1.747325] [drm] initializing kernel modesetting (HAWAII 0x1002:0x67B1 0x1043:0x0470).
[ 1.747337] [drm] register mmio base: 0xFBD80000
[ 1.747338] [drm] register mmio size: 262144
[ 1.747342] [drm] doorbell mmio base: 0xCF800000
[ 1.747343] [drm] doorbell mmio size: 8388608
[ 1.747365] radeon 0000:01:00.0: Invalid ROM contents
[ 1.747977] ATOM BIOS: 67B1HB.220.127.116.11.AS04L
[ 1.748038] radeon 0000:01:00.0: VRAM: 4096M 0x0000000000000000 - 0x00000000FFFFFFFF (4096M used)
[ 1.748039] radeon 0000:01:00.0: GTT: 1024M 0x0000000100000000 - 0x000000013FFFFFFF
[ 1.748041] [drm] Detected VRAM RAM=4096M, BAR=256M
[ 1.748042] [drm] RAM width 512bits DDR
[ 1.748115] [TTM] Zone kernel: Available graphics memory: 4087274 kiB
[ 1.748116] [TTM] Zone dma32: Available graphics memory: 2097152 kiB
[ 1.748117] [TTM] Initializing pool allocator
[ 1.748120] [TTM] Initializing DMA pool allocator
[ 1.748136] [drm] radeon: 4096M of VRAM memory ready
[ 1.748137] [drm] radeon: 1024M of GTT memory ready.
[ 1.748147] [drm] Loading hawaii Microcode
[ 1.748302] [drm] Internal thermal controller with fan control
[ 1.748342] [drm] probing gen 2 caps for device 1022:960b = 1300c82/0
[ 1.763278] [drm:ci_dpm_init [radeon]] *ERROR* Invalid PCC GPIO: 13!
[ 1.763282] == power state 0 ==
[ 1.763283] ui class: none
[ 1.763284] internal class: boot
[ 1.763285] caps:
[ 1.763286] uvd vclk: 0 dclk: 0
[ 1.763287] power level 0 sclk: 30000 mclk: 15000 pcie gen: 2 pcie lanes: 8
[ 1.763288] status: c r b
[ 1.763289] == power state 1 ==
[ 1.763290] ui class: performance
[ 1.763290] internal class: none
[ 1.763291] caps:
[ 1.763292] uvd vclk: 0 dclk: 0
[ 1.763293] power level 0 sclk: 30000 mclk: 15000 pcie gen: 2 pcie lanes: 8
[ 1.763294] power level 1 sclk: 100000 mclk: 126000 pcie gen: 2 pcie lanes: 8
[ 1.763295] status:
[ 1.771519] [drm] radeon: dpm initialized
Forgot to mention my setup. I'm using an ASUS R9 290, a Linux Mint base system tracking the xorg-edgers PPA, and kernel 3.19-rc3 from here: http://kernel.ubuntu.com/~kernel-ppa/mainline/v3.19-rc3-vivid/
I have the latest linux-firmware.
The mclk began changing after I upgraded from 3.18.1, but the sclk is still stuck at the lowest level.
Created attachment 113387 [details] [review]
The attached patch should fix the bug.
Seems to have fixed the issue for me. However, I only did some quick tests, so perhaps leave this bug open for a few more days so I can test if there are still some corner cases where it breaks.
Thank you so muck Alex! :)
(In reply to Alex Deucher from comment #5)
> Created attachment 113387 [details] [review] [review]
> possible fix
> The attached patch should fix the bug.
It works beautifully here on my R9 290. Thanks!
I've been using it for a few days now. It seems like the reclocking issue is completely fixed for me.
I'll close this bug as it seems to work flawlessly for Brooks too.
Thanks again Alex.