Created attachment 112075 [details]
Got this on dmesg while opening youtube videos on google-chrome-stable.
Attachment area contains the gpu crash dump which is required to analyze gpu hangs.
Created attachment 112076 [details]
dmesg while error occurs
Created attachment 112077 [details]
/var/log/syslog while crash occurs
This crash only occurs while using Chrome. When trying to reproduce crash using Firefox, everything goes fine.
This also only happens when using YouTube. While using other websites with video on demand, no problem.
Tried to continue watching videos with youtube, using HTML5 player. But the same problem happens. (I've tried this to lookup if it was a flashplayer issue)
I've removed Pepper-Flash from /home/<user>/.config/google-chrome/Default/Pepper Data/Shockwave Flash/
Once Youtube frontend don't find pepper-flash, it opens in HTML5.
One video was played normally, but at the end (last seconds to end clip) the same issue happened again.
I'm using ubuntu, decided to install other linux distro.
I suspect this may be another duplicate of the bug 80568, fixed (worked-around) by this commit:
Author: Kenneth Graunke <email@example.com>
Date: Sat Jan 17 23:21:15 2015 -0800
i965: Work around mysterious Gen4 GPU hangs with minimal state changes.
Gen4 hardware appears to GPU hang frequently when using Chromium, and
also when running 'glmark2 -b ideas'. Most of the error states contain
3DPRIMITIVE commands in quick succession, with very few state packets
between them - usually VERTEX_BUFFERS/ELEMENTS and CONSTANT_BUFFER.
I trimmed an apitrace of the glmark2 hang down to two draw calls with a
glUniformMatrix4fv call between the two. Either draw by itself works
fine, but together, they hang the GPU. Removing the glUniform call
makes the hangs disappear. In the hardware state, this translates to
removing the CONSTANT_BUFFER packet between the two 3DPRIMITIVE packets.
Flushing before emitting CONSTANT_BUFFER packets also appears to make
the hangs disappear. I observed a slowdown in glxgears by doing it all
the time, so I've chosen to only do it when BRW_NEW_BATCH and
BRW_NEW_PSP are unset (i.e. we haven't done a CS_URB_STATE change or
already flushed the whole pipeline).
I'd much rather understand the problem, but at this point, I don't see
how we'd ever be able to track it down further. We have no real tools,
and the hardware people moved on years ago. I've analyzed 20+ error
states and read every scrap of documentation I could find.
Signed-off-by: Kenneth Graunke <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Acked-by: Matt Turner <email@example.com>
Cc: "10.4 10.3" <firstname.lastname@example.org>
It's in git, and backports are in Mesa 10.4.x for x > 3. Please try upgrading to >10.4.3. If it's resolved by such an upgrade, please mark as a duplicate of bug 80568.
No reply. Marking as duplicate.
*** This bug has been marked as a duplicate of bug 80568 ***
Use of freedesktop.org services, including Bugzilla, is subject to our Code of Conduct.