Attached you will find an invoice I receive monthly in pdf format. This
document displays fine in okular. If I print it (or look at the print preview
for that matter) I find that the text below "Facturatieadres" is hidden except
for one character and hence not printed properly.
This happens with every invoice I receive from this vendor.
I can print this document just fine with evince on the same machine.
Steps to Reproduce:
1. Open the attached document
2. Open print preview in okular or print it
The text below "Facturatieadres" is not visible except for one character. The
same when you effectively print the document.
The address would be printeld completely.
I had first reported this bug against okular , but I was told this is a bug in poppler and I should report it here.
Created attachment 113311 [details]
File to illustrate the bug
I've tested it with evince 3.20. It doesn't happen for me. Does it still happen for you?
Thanks for your feedback. However as said in my original report above, it has always worked fine in evince.
I have the issue when printing via okular and the okular developers forwarded me here as they claim it's a poppler bug. I have no idea whether evince uses poppler or not.
Current okular/poppler on my Fedora 23 machine still shows this erroneous behaviour.
Evince does use poppler. I've installed Okular and it seems that it's a poppler bug, because even when I use poppler from the git master tree, the problem remains. Nothing like that happens in evince. So I'd day it's an Okular, not a poppler bug.
Should be "it seems that it's an Okular bug". Sorry, little sleep lately.
Jakub, you're wrong, Okular does use poppler for printing, try pdftops and you'll see the bug.
(In reply to Jakub Kucharski from comment #4)
> Evince does use poppler. I've installed Okular and it seems that it's a
> poppler bug, because even when I use poppler from the git master tree, the
> problem remains. Nothing like that happens in evince. So I'd day it's an
> Okular, not a poppler bug.
Evince uses CairoOutputDev for printing. Okular uses PSOutputDev.
Testing with pdftocairo (both -ps and -pdf) works. Testing with pdftops fails with the same results as the bug report.
We should have a "ps backend" component added to bugzilla to make it easier to find related PSOutputDev bugs.
Adrian, if you know how to request one more component, please do so.
-- GitLab Migration Automatic Message --
This bug has been migrated to freedesktop.org's GitLab instance and has been closed from further activity.
You can subscribe and participate further through the new bug through this link to our GitLab instance: https://gitlab.freedesktop.org/poppler/poppler/issues/542.