Steps to reproduce:
* Launch Unity desktop session
* Minimize current window or alt-tab between windows
* Reveal launcher to click on application
* Click `Super` to bring up Dash
* Hold `Super` to bring up Keyboard Shortcuts
What should happen:
Action completes smoothly and quickly.
What happens instead:
* Action may be slow / animation jerky.
* Action may stall (animation frozen on given frame, e.g. window partially minimized) - initiating another action cancels first action and second action may succeed (most often calling Guake with F12 seems to solve the issue)
* Action may freeze - cursor no longer moves - a soft reboot (Alt+PrtScr+REISUB) usually works, otherwise a hard reboot
This occurs on Ubuntu 14.04 and 14.10. See https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1314587 for a downstream bug report. It was suggested there that an upstream report would be helpful.
I'm not sure which X.org component this applies to, if there is any additional info I can provide please let me know (also see downstream bug, linked above).
Please attach the Xorg log file.
Created attachment 115741 [details]
Recent xorg log file
There is no mention of nouveau anywhere in here, indications of the other bug are that nouveau vs nvidia doesn't matter, and I see no indication of DRI_PRIME ever getting set. I believe this is miscategorized, it's unclear to me why this is in the fd.o bugtracker at all, sounds like some ubuntu thing.