If a Wayland compositor starts with only the primary monitor plugged in, and then plugs in a second monitor, an XWayland X11 client window will not receive any pointer device input events if it is displayed only on the hot plugged monitor.
The issue reproduces both when running weston (1.9.0) and mutter (3.18.0), with Xwayland (either master or 1.17.2).
It does not reproduce if the monitor was plugged in when starting the Wayland compositor.
Steps to reproduce:
1. Start XWayland capable Wayland compositor (e.g. weston or mutter) with only one monitor plugged in.
2. Start some terminal (such as gnome-terminal or weston-terminal)
3. Start "xev"
4. Make sure xev sees mouse movements by moving the pointer above the xev window and observe the events printed in the terminal
5. Plug in the second monitor
6. Move the xev window so it is half on each monitor
7. Observe that xev receives pointer events when pointer is on both monitors
8. Move the xev window so that is *only* on the second monitor
9. Observe that xev no longer receives any pointer events
Patch merged, so closing this one now.
Author: Jonas Ådahl <email@example.com>
Date: Wed Oct 7 12:02:38 2015 +0800
xwayland: Update actual screen and root window size on output hot plug