I try to use the dpm state, but when I set:
echo 'battery' > /sys/class/drm/card0/device/power_dpm_state
while on battery power, laptop freezes after a time.
I tried to add radeon.dpm=1 and (radeon.bapm=1 or radeon.bapm=0) but it does not fix. Originally, I discovered this issue using TLP (where you can find the ticket https://github.com/linrunner/TLP/issues/186).
Please attach your xorg log and dmesg output.
Created attachment 125717 [details]
Created attachment 125718 [details]
dsmeg when on performance mode and AC power
Created attachment 125789 [details]
Dmesg battery dpm state on AC
Dmesg output in battery dpm state while on AC.
Created attachment 125790 [details]
Dmesg battery dpm state on battery
I tried to catch the dmesg output right before pc freezing, I do not know if it is relevant. This is the latest dmesg output I caught (others were empty).
-- GitLab Migration Automatic Message --
This bug has been migrated to freedesktop.org's GitLab instance and has been closed from further activity.
You can subscribe and participate further through the new bug through this link to our GitLab instance: https://gitlab.freedesktop.org/drm/amd/issues/735.