Emacs redraws sometimes partially when scrolling or doing incremental searching.
Following error messages are output in `/var/log/Xorg.0.log` when this problem occurs.
> [ 1278.046] (EE) vmwgfx_scanout_update: failed to send dirty (-22, Invalid argument)
There are some reports of this problem:
* Super User: ubuntu - Emacs does not redraw properly inside VirtualBox
* Oracle VM VirtualBox: #13687 (Emacs redraw issues with >1 Virtualbox CPU)
Vim also has the similar problems:
* Stack Overflow: linux - Gvim redraw issues with Virtual Box and Windows 7 host
* Debian Bug report: #777567 - vim-gtk: Regions of text fail to redraw in gvim
* Super User: vim - gvim redraw failure
Created attachment 126580 [details]
I created a test probgam to reproduce this bug.
This bug begin if you resize the window bigger.
Created attachment 126581 [details] [review]