HOW TO REPRODUCE:
Record a video using the Theora codec.
In the recording the image is frozen or broken, as seen in the following samples from various programs:
- Guvcview: (https://goo.gl/Csxg2u)
- RecordMyDesktop: (https://goo.gl/T2vamz)
- Transmageddon: (https://goo.gl/JnGCgV)
- Doesn't matter which application you use to record or play the video.
- Happens in a computer using Intel graphics (https://goo.gl/m85BZt), but not in another using Radeon graphics (https://goo.gl/xSHD1Z).
- Doesn't happen when using other codecs: (https://goo.gl/M6cR4D).
- The guvcview application shows some errors in stderr: (https://goo.gl/PiD9B3)
DistroRelease: Ubuntu 16.04
Package: libtheora0 1.1.1+dfsg.1-8
ProcVersionSignature: Ubuntu 4.4.0-57.78-generic 4.4.35
Uname: Linux 4.4.0-57-generic x86_64
Date: Tue Jan 10 01:17:54 2017
InstallationDate: Installed on 2013-01-25 (1445 days ago)
InstallationMedia: Ubuntu 12.10 "Quantal Quetzal" - Release amd64 (20121017.5)
UpgradeStatus: Upgraded to xenial on 2016-08-05 (157 days ago)
Start with Xorg.0.log, glxinfo, vainfo and details on how you record the video.
Created attachment 128850 [details]
Created attachment 128851 [details]
Created attachment 128852 [details]
What I did to record those videos was mostly to clic on the "Record" button from the various applications. Which where a web-cam recorder, a desktop recorder, and a video converter.