Created attachment 91744 [details]
I'm seeing this error when using the google maps preview:
[drm] stuck on render ring
[drm] GPU crash dump saved to /sys/class/drm/card0/error
[drm] GPU hangs can indicate a bug anywhere in the entire gfx stack, including userspace.
[drm] Please file a _new_ bug report on bugs.freedesktop.org against DRI -> DRM/Intel
[drm] drm/i915 developers can then reassign to the right component if it's not a kernel issue.
[drm] The gpu crash dump is required to analyze gpu hangs, so please always attach it.
[drm:i915_set_reset_status] *ERROR* render ring hung inside bo (0xbd31000 ctx 1) at 0xbd32750
Created attachment 91745 [details]
Chad recently pushed a bunch of HiZ fixes to mesa git master, so retesting with that should be useful.
(In reply to comment #2)
> Chad recently pushed a bunch of HiZ fixes to mesa git master, so retesting
> with that should be useful.
All my HiZ hang fixes exist in master 90368875e733171350c64c8dda52f81bd0705dd0. Please retest with a git revision no older than that. And when you report back, please provide the Mesa git hash that you tested with.
Created attachment 92043 [details]
/sys/class/drm/card0/error with mesa trunk commit 9036887, kernel 3.13-rc8
I tested it with commit 9036887. Google maps does not only hang but shows a black screen it recovered.
If someone else would like to inspect or test the packages I used, have a look at http://koji.fedoraproject.org/koji/taskinfo?taskID=6403151 .
New seems to be the message
[drm:i915_context_is_banned] *ERROR* context hanging too fast, declaring banned!
From your latest error dump:
render command stream:
head = 0x0001bbe0, wraps = 7
Even on Mesa master-9036887, the hang is still HiZ's fault :(
Hangs are always difficult to diagnose, so I apologize beforehand for how much turnaround it may take to solve this.
I have some actions and questions for you:
- Is your Mesa build unpatched? Or does it include patches from the RPM? This is critical, because some Fedora Mesa SRPMS contain already contain a HiZ workaround patch that may intefere with upstream. If your RPM contains patches, please provide the full SRPM. (I can pull from git://pkgs.fedoraproject.org/mesa if that makes it easier).
- Which version of xf86-video-intel? Can you point to a SRPM?
- Please try to reproduce with Mesa master-6a5c86f. The commit immediately after that removes a "redundant" HiZ workaround. Maybe it wasn't redundant after all.
- If you can still reproduce with Mesa master-6a5c86f, then please also try with tag mesa-10.0.2.
- What is the mean time to failure after a reboot?
- How exactly are you reproducing the hang? By zooming and out on New York City for 4 hours? By rotating the earth left continuously for 30 minutes near the equator?
*** Bug 73879 has been marked as a duplicate of this bug. ***
Since my Bug 73879 was marked as duplicate of this one, I'll try to answer Chad's questions (at least partially)
- media-libs/mesa-9.2.5 on Gentoo. These are the patches that are applied:
- x11-drivers/xf86-video-intel-2.99.907. No patches.
- I will try to reproduce with the two Mesa builds and report back.
- In my case it is sufficient to use the new ("preview") Google Maps for a while - dragging around, zooming in and out leads to a reproducible hang usually within half a minute or so.
The card error dump was attached to Bug 73879
Still occurs with Mesa 10.0.2/libdrm 2.4.51
[156644.157901] Watchdog: segfault at 0 ip 00007f1b813a862e sp 00007f1b6cb8b7e0 error 6 in chrome[7f1b7da97000+5b82000]
[156646.180028] [drm] stuck on render ring
[156646.180069] [drm:i915_set_reset_status] *ERROR* render ring hung inside bo (0x4bc3d000 ctx 4) at 0x4bc3f4b0
Created attachment 92824 [details]
/sys/class/drm/card0/error - Mesa 10.0.2, libdrm 2.4.51
Created attachment 94212 [details]
Also seeing hangs caused by using Google Maps (WebGL) in Firefox in GNOME Shell, IPEHR 0x7a000002.
Arch Linux x86_64, Thinkpad X220T (SNB)
xf86-video-intel master eb7d2b1, TearFree enabled
[17003.919105] [drm] stuck on render ring
[17003.922179] [drm:i915_set_reset_status] *ERROR* render ring hung inside bo (0xeaeb000 ctx 4) at 0xeaecacc
[17366.400732] [drm] stuck on render ring
[17366.400968] [drm:i915_set_reset_status] *ERROR* render ring hung inside bo (0x1cf5000 ctx 11) at 0x1cf860c
> - Please try to reproduce with Mesa master-6a5c86f. The commit immediately
> after that removes a "redundant" HiZ workaround. Maybe it wasn't redundant
> after all.
The hang occurs on master, on master without 9036887, on master-6a5c86f, and on 10.0.2.
> - How exactly are you reproducing the hang? By zooming and out on New York
> City for 4 hours? By rotating the earth left continuously for 30 minutes
> near the equator?
Just wiggling the map (https://www.google.com/maps/preview/?force=webgl) is enough in chromium. Having the FPS counter enabled delays the hang in chromium. I can't consistently reproduce it in firefox.
Reassigning to default assignee. I moved to a different Intel team and do not have the bandwith to solve this.
Please reopen if you can still reproduce with Mesa 17.0.
Hi, I think that this issue also can be closed, same with https://bugs.freedesktop.org/show_bug.cgi?id=73840
They look similar. Also, I checked it again with current mesa/kernel, and with downgraded to 4.9 kernel and 10 mesa. Issue also wasn't reproduced.
According to ticket, there was 3.* kernel version, which is too old for now.